Sunday, October 19, 2008

Welcome (Oct 2007)

Welcome to the new site!

Hey, everyone! Seeing that the 40th anniversary of our graduation is coming up, I thought I'd re-create the web site. Anyway, I lost the software to maintain the old one, so it's not much more than a doorstop at this point.

A couple of notes -- I've simplified the site and removed some of the pages I'd had out there in the past. If you want to see other pages and features out here, let me know what you're thinking of. I'll be happy to add them.

Not that I'm drumming up a reunion, but it has been a while! Anyone else thinking it might be time?

One of the reasons I've added this blog is so that we can talk, interact, reminsce, share things about our lives. It's been nearly 40 years since we walked the halls of Ware High. In some ways it seems like yesterday. I have memories that are as clear as if they happened in the last year. Other things, I'm sure I have long forgotten.

Yeah, we've gotten together several times over the years -- at least some of us have. But most of us still think of each other as we were back in the '60s. Who are we today?

Hop into the blog! What are the biggest things that have happened to you over these years? How are you different from then -- and how are you still the same? We were teenagers together and now at least some have grandchildren -- some of whom may be approaching their teens. How has that affected you?

What have been the best things of these years -- and the worst? What are our biggest triumphs? What are our biggest mistakes?

Let's talk. Let's share. Let's get to know each other as older people, before it becomes 60 or 70 years. For the last reunion my grandmother ever attended, the four of them went out to dinner. Let's not wait so long!

What are your thoughts?

No comments: