Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hi from across the country

Hi ya. Karen Renaud-Williams here in Tacoma WA. I am looking forward to the reunion in October. I retired from the USAF Reserve in '05, and have been happily volunteering and goofing off since (well, except for the last couple of months of taking care of my husband after he was hit on his motorcycle on 5 Dec - but that's another story). I have a couple of grandsons who I encourage to be little demons to pay back their mother - my older daughter - for all the grief she gave me. Like the saying goes, shoulda had the grandkids first! I so enjoy looking for the noisiest and most annoying toys at Christmas. My younger daughter followed me into the AF Reserve and is now a loadmaster in my old squadron. We made history as the first mother and daughter to be loadmasters in the AF, like my dad and I were the first father and daughter. That's the other chunk of history - three generations in one AF Reserve Wing, all doing the same job.

I'm glad that the reunion will be in the fall because that is the only time of year that I miss New England. I don't miss the cold and snowy winters or the humid summers. We had a bunch of snow in late December and it was pretty miserable because the roads just don't get cleared and I was driving to the hospital every day to visit Jim. But that was highly unusual. It usually just rains or is grey and cloudy, but I don't really mind all that much because I don't have to shovel the rain...



No comments: